JOB TITLE: Information and Communication Technology Officer (Country Office)
JOB LOCATION: Maputo, Mozambique Country Office
- The Vice-Presidency, Corporate Services and Human Resources (CHVP), ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance -driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice.
- The complex ensures that all Corporate Services and Human Resources are re-aligned to drive greater corporate performance and execution of the Bank’s strategic vision and priorities.
- The complex is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, General services and institutional procurements, Language Services, business continuity and health and safety strategies.
- The Corporate Information Technology Services department (CHIS) mission at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy, to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
- Under the leadership of the Bank’s Information System’s Director, CHIS department is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible IT services for Bank staff, and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
- Under the general supervision of the Division Manager Network and Telecommunications Division (CHIS.3), the incumbent will be responsible for managing the Bank’s telecommunication infrastructure, multi-user network and messaging systems in Mozambique Country Office (CO).
- The incumbent will be required to run the telecommunications and network operations in the bank’s Private network as well as provide day to day support to staff on the use of the bank’s business applications.
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, Network & Telecom Services, the Information Technology Office will:
- Manage the Bank’s unified telecommunication services pertaining to Voice, Data transmissionand video;
- Ensure connectivity to all corporate applications by proactive and efficient management of the LAN/WAN multi-user environment;
- Implement system configurations as approved in the Bank’s change management processes;
- Install, configure and support Bank standard hardware and software including desktops, laptops, printers, scanners and other relevant peripherals and facilitate the operation;
- Monitor the Bank’s VSAT and fibber optic networks and liaise with service providers to ensure uninterrupted services;
- Administer the information systems in the Country Office/ Mozambique Country Office (CO). including routine housekeeping, troubleshooting. maintenance and upgrading;
- Ensure that the bank’s information and information systems are protected in a manner consistent with its information security policy, procedures and standards;
- Provide technical support to country office staff and visiting missions as well as direction and support on end user computing and applications, including incidents on available hardware, software, network services and videoconference sessions;
- Work together with other Engineers from Headquarters to investigate, test, circumscribe and correct incidents/problems;
- Be responsible for Vendor Contract Management in the Country offices including enforcement of SLAs:
- Identify IT related needs, prepare specifications and assist the Country Offices in the preparation of Request For Proposals (RFPs) for the procurement of IT equipment and services and manage contracts and suppliers;
- Assume responsibility for IT asset management in Country Office and the completeness of the inventory in SAP;
- Assume responsibility at the Country Office level in the Service Asset and Configuration Management process
- Assist the resident representatives or directors (RDG) in determining training needs, equipment requirements and specifications.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information System Telecommunications, Electronics or Engineering or closely related disciplines.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience in ICT gained with similar Multinational organization or major private or public institutions.
- Experience with Network Traffic Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools.
- Experience and/or knowledge with QoS implementations, VOlP, WAN switching and routing, load-balancing and application-delivery solutions.
- Experience and knowledge of user data backup techniques and procedures.
- Experience in VSAT Satellite Systems.
- Experience in the Video Conference Systems.
- Experience in Windows operating systems (windows 8, 2008, 2012 etc.)
- Good communication skills.
- Innovation and creativity.
- Problem Solving.
- Client Orientation.
- Team working and relations.
- Solid experience in the management of the Unified Communication Services pertaining to Voice, Data and video transmission.
- Strong skills for first and second level user assistance in handling incidents.
- Strong understanding of large enterprise IT infrastructure components (server, storage, and network).
- Strong Knowledge of Windows environments.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently with little supervision.
- Sold experience in the support of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Ability to use standard technology packages and Bank’s standard software (word, excel, outlook, Power Point, MS Projects, etc…), knowledge of SAP, ITIL Foundation, and applications and the CrashPlan Backup System.
Deadline: January 6, 2022
|Job Category||Information Technology / ICT|