JOB TITLE: Interior Designer
JOB LOCATION: Ilupeju Lagos,
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Lead Interior Designer
- To coordinate and handle all aspects of project execution
- To advise clients on interior design factors, analyze client’s order, prepare BOQ and Control Book.
- To produce detailed working drawings and specifications for production.
- To take accurate site dimensions and monitor installation progress
- To prepare drawings and interior design scheme using computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software.
- Manage the complete design process and documentation package for interior design of all projects that commensurate with IO brand image of excellence in quality of design and aesthetic appeal, gaining the trust and respect of both internal and external customers
- Prepare drawings, schemes and specifications within the time constraints, ensuring that the designs are brand compliant and on strategy for all areas of existing and new development, for all IO projects and retail inclusive.
- Responsibly working with design team, owners, Project Managers, Architects and consultants to prepare successful presentations and prepare for a Design Review meeting to obtain Senior Management executive approval.
- Research and follow industry changes, evolutions and best practices
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as contractors, architects, engineers, project Manager to ensure job success.
- Inspect ongoing installation works on site to ensure its adherence to the design plans.
- Use computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software to produce documents.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and use of furnishings or equipment, and colour coordination.
- Confer with clients to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, purpose and function.
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Design spaces to be environmentally friendly, using sustainable, recycled or off cut materials when feasible.
- Research and explore the use of new materials, technologies and products to incorporate into designs.
- Select or design and purchase furnishings and accessories.
- To act as a liaison officer between customer service and technical department
- To carry out site inspections to ensure client requirement is achieved.
- To ensure that all clients’ enquiries and queries are attended to promptly within 24 hours.
- To encourage clients to report complaints or anomalies in writing and maintain a diary/ record to document action taken.
- To ensure that job orders are properly issued
- To liaise with accounts department to ensure that payments have been made in respect of confirmed orders
- To ensure clients management for competitive advantage
Core Working Relationships
- Technical Team
- Production Team
- Installation Team
- Logistics / Procurement Team
- Interior Design Team
- Customer Service / Sales Team
- Accounts Team.
Education & Experience
- A Degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- A Master’s Degree in Architecture is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ previous work experience in Interior design / Architecture within the furniture manufacturing Industry
- Experience with ERP systems; Microsoft Navision experience is a plus
Key Job Attributes
- Problem-solving and Innovative skills
- The ability to Multitask
- The ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
Sales and Marketing:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques and sales control systems.
Customer and Personal Service:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D-Max
- Expertise in layout, color, lighting, video creation and editing software: Autodesk 3ds Max; MAXON CINEMA 4Dmaterials selection and all installations
- Proven working experience in decorating interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning and new constructions)
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design
Engineering and Technology:
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Deadline: November 27, 2021
|Job Category||Graphic Designer|