Alan & Grant is recruiting candidates for a Internal Control Officer (FMCG/ Foods /Beverage).
JOB TITLE: Internal Control Officer (FMCG/ Foods /Beverage)
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The Individual will work in the Internal Control unit of the company, and will be responsible for reviewing the financial, procurement and inventory transactions to ensure compliance, correctness, accuracy, genuineness and economy.
- Evaluates the internal control system in the company and recommend improvements plan
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and reports
- Ensuring that effective risk management arrangements are in place to minimize the company’s exposure to risk and uncertainty
- Review and monitoring of all e-banking related product reconciliation
- Ensure prompt resolution of all open issues in the internal audit reports
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders regarding best internal control practices that minimize risk to the organization
- Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations that could have significant impact on operations and reports, and determining whether the organization is in compliance
- Act as focal-point for internal/ external auditors; coordinating with departments on follow-up of the audit Management letters and reports
- Conduct quarterly Branch Audit exercise on assigned region in line with the agreed performance contract and other special investigations determined by Management.
- Provide technical support to risk management unit in maintenance of audit administration data base (systems & automation)
- Managing the adequacy and proper existence of internal control and operation systems within the organization
- Support the identification and documentation of risk universe and attributes for the purpose of supporting the internal audit program
- Conduct and oversees periodic inventory system to assure that the entity’s fixed assets are well safeguarded
- Monitor cross checking and compliance of all financial books to ensure transparency and accuracy
- Participate in formulating policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and corporate efficiency
- Train staff on critical risk management techniques (standard risk analysis techniques, crisis management, project management, internal investigations
- Retain effective communication with related departments and provide solution and recommendations to the matters
- Documenting and making reports of identified control issues discovered in the course of the vetting process and how they were resolved.
- Minimum of BSc in Accounting or related field
- Professional Certificate in either ICAN/ACA / ACCA / CIA
- Minimum of 5-7 years in FMCG or releted field
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, technical, IT, presentation and numerical abilities are crucial
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan
- Proficient use of finance software; Microsoft Excel
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
|Job Category||Administration/ Office/ Operations|