JOB TITLE: Inventory Officer
JOB LOCATION: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Responsible for managing inventory through the use of a computerized database and physical system.
- Primary objective will be to maintain adequate levels of stock to meet daily distribution demands while minimizing excess supply.
- Oversee inventory according to company guidelines.
- Perform critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct amount of items are in stock.
- Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and cycle counts.
- Review documentation and monitor product codes to search for discrepancies; troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between stock and records.
- Develop and implement improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operations costs.
- Review operations schedules and production requirements to ensure timely order fulfillment.
- Continuous Process Improvement.
- Respond to sales inquiries and purchase orders; collect and analyze data to determine appropriate order quantities; process requisition for reorders from Central Store.
- Establishes and co-ordinates the operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing and shipping goods.
- Analyze chandelier and locating material orders.
- Ensure availability of accurate Daily Inventory Report.
- Submission of Weekly Inventory Report.
- Plan for Monthly Material Budget
- Track rates of accuracy, purchase and return as well as defective items to inform quality control decisions.
- Counts incoming stock and reconciles it with requisitions.
- Updates inventory and stock location records.
- Prepare, generate, and file financial inventory reports; review reports monthly with management.
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide customer service as needed.
Qualification & Experience
- A good B.Sc. Degree in Accounting.
- Professional certification in LRM will be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar position.
- Experience in the FCMG sector will be an advantage
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Employee should be ready to work additional hours when required.
- Must be able to carry items up to 30kg.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified persons should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Deadline: June 11, 2021
|Job Category||Inventory/Data Entry/Records|