JOB TITLE: Lead Internal Auditor
JOB LOCATION: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the organization’s internal control systems and procedures and recommend corrective actions to improve operations, enhance internal controls and reduce costs where possible
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional areas within the established/required timeline
- Establish risk-based audit programs to determine the impact of risk-based transactions on the group and its SB
- Ensure focus on mitigation on financial, human and operational risks that the group is facing on daily basis
- Conduct audit test of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
- Determine the level of compliance with policies and procedures.
- Communicate findings to the management and draft comprehensive and complete report of audit area
- Protects assets by ensuring compliance with internal control procedures, and regulations
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verifying assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Comply with federal, state, and local security legal requirements by studying existing and new security legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Preparation of special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Identify key areas of risk within the organization and propose appropriate controls to mitigate the risks
- Discuss audit findings with the management.
- Review the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial information and other disclosures provided to the management.
- Other duties as assigned by the MD.
- Level of integrity
- Effectiveness of corrective actions
- Level of wastages and efficiencies
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Prevention of suppliers’ over-invoicing
- Prevention of income leakages
- Level of adherence to organizational processes and policies
- Economy: Effective utilization of company’s resources
- Efficiency: Prevention of wastages
- Level of compliance with regulatory authorities and internal policies
- Risk management and prevention
- Turn around time to respond to request
- Timely preparation of reports
- Level of efficiency and savings with operating expenses such as spare part costs, repair costs, etc.
- Graduate or it’s equivalent.
- Minimum Experiences: 7 Years working experiences
Deadline: September 30, 2021
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|