JOB TITLE: Lead Procurement Head
JOB LOCATION: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms for all products to be procured by the organisation
- Ensure approval of the ordering process of necessary goods and services in company
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels;
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them;
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided;
- Processing payments and invoices;
- Verify all requisition needs with user departments before initiating procurement process
- Finalize details of orders and deliveries with user department and ensure same with the vendor
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts for value addition and cost reduction objective
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Anticipate unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend andbuild a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Manage all Group Asset Management roles such as Company’s facilities, vehicles, general office environments and workstations
- Develop and Implement strategies, policies and Process documents / operating procedures for Asset management.
- Identify and secure suitable vendors for the Group and manage relationship with the vendors
- Ensure accuracy of data and provide reports on the status of all the Company assets
- Compliance to documented Asset Management and Procurements Process documents
- Compliance to Dashboard / Fintrak Software usage.
- Relate with government officials on Company’s Assets and facilities.
- Monitoring all vehicular assets transfer between regions / States / Location.
- Develop and monitor all incoming and outgoing physical mails and packages in the Mail Register
- Monitor consumption rate of all office consumables to avoid stack out of items.
- Ensure the neatness and tidiness of the work environment.
- Ensure incoming messages are routed to the relevant staff
- Timely maintenance/fixing of faulty facility after issue has been reported
- Cost effectiveness in purchases cost savings via price survey reports and vendor management.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with a minimum of 7 years work experience.
- Working expriences in a Logistic company is a Plus.
Level of projected integrity arising from relationship with vendors and perceived from line Manager:
- Total cost savings
- Quality of items delivered: % reduction in defects rate
- Timely delivery of products ordered
- Cost avoidance measure
- Number of stock outs reported
- Level of improvement in procurement systems
- Number of purchase request converted to accounting transactions
- Procurement turn around time
- Level of conflict of interest
Deadline: September 15, 2021
|Job Category||Procurement Officer|