Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is recruiting candidates for a Lead Telecommunication Engineer.
JOB TITLE: Lead Telecommunication Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 Weeks
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Must be familiar with relevant codes and standards, oil and gas industry design specifications and practices, and a thorough working knowledge of the latest design engineering and analytical techniques and software programs
- Knowledge of DEPs would be a considerable advantage.
- Capable of representing and engaging clients in own capacity showing the highest level of skill and expertise in addressing client concerns.
- Ensure ease of constructability is considered in all Telecommunication related technical solutions/deliverables.
- Able to perform Concept, FEED, Detailed Design, and Fabrication Design, as applicable.
- Hands-on capability to elaborate complete design documents and drawings with the assistance of the assigned personnel.
- Ability to develop project-specific engineering solutions without supervision in order to meet the project goals.
- Ability to use relevant software for Telecommunication engineering with an advanced level of understanding of design calculations and result in interpretation.
- Commissioning and start-up assistance is an advantage.
- Design of Fibre Optic Cable to connect different project new and existing installations.
- Update telecoms design philosophy and specifications (e.g. cabling, LAN/WAN, CCTV, PAS and Telephone system).
- Prepare Bill of Materials for all telecom packages and equipment (Cabling, LAN/WAN, CCTV, PAS and Telephone system).
- Provide information for system requirements for integration and interfacing with the existing facilities (CCTV, PAS, etc.).
- Determine numbers and positions of surveillance cameras.
- Produce all requisite detailed drawings including the following:
- Technical Electrical and Control Buildings layout location drawings showing telecoms closets locations, junction box locations, cable routes, etc.
- LAN/WAN and Telephone schematic diagrams.
- Cabling layout.
- Camera support and installation drawing showing the interface with existing CCTV system.
- System schematic diagram for the Technical Electrical and Control Buildings up to the tie in of the existing facilities.
- As-built schematics.
- Drawings for new telecoms installations considering vendor-supplied information.
- Datasheets required for the requisition and purchase of all telecoms packages and equipment.
- Provide information for expediting Vendor data drawings and resolve Vendor technical queries.
- Prepare requisition packages for all telecoms equipment.
- Prepare earthing and lightning protection system and bonding details (for telecoms systems).
- Carry out a technical review of bids and bid evaluation.
- Prepare materials take-offs based upon schedules, layouts, routing diagrams and drawings, and include all cabling, junction boxes, cable trays, etc.
- Provide the information required to expedite activities of Manufacturers/Vendors and certifying authorities to ensure compatibility and correct operation of all telecoms equipment.
- Provide information for FAT, SAT, SIT, etc.
- Produce the Telecoms Design Data Book to be incorporated in the overall Design Data Book.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years – 55 Years
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Telecommunication Engineering in the relevant sector.
- Minimum 2 years successfully functioning as Lead Engineer.
- Minimum Qualification: B. Sc in Electric or Electronic Engineering Discipline. A Master’s Degree and/or relevant specialized training in Telecommunication are mandatory. An MBA would be a considerable advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English is mandatory.
- COREN Certification is an advantage.
- Experience in both onshore and offshore design is an advantage.
- Construction and site supervision experience is an advantage.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|
|Deadline||29th July, 2020|