JOB TITLE: Local Strategic Advisor Nigeria (UN Habitat)
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Duration of Initial Contract: Three (3) Months
Expected Duration of Assignment: Three (3) Months
Additional Category: Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Starting Date: 01-Apr-2021 (Date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
Local Strategic Advisor-UN-Habitat:
- UN-Habitat, the United Nations Human Settlements Programme, is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable and resilient towns and cities. It is the focal point agency for all urbanization and human settlement matters within the UN system.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in Architecture, Design Studies, Urban Infrastructure Management Urban Planning, Engineering, or directly related fields. (15 points).
- 7 years of relevant work experience in the fields of urban planning, mobility, sustainable development, or similar is required; (15 points);
- Experience working in Abeokuta and Lagos, Nigeria required; (15 points);
- Experience in all levels of urban development from project development to implementation is required; (15 points);
- Working knowledge and experience in urban planning, urban mobility and resilience and policies is required; (15 points);
- Experience working on social change projects, providing strategic advice and technical recommendations is an asset; (10 points);
- Working experience with international development agencies and in particular the United Nations and UN-Habitat is an asset. (10 points).
Deadline: March 3, 2021
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|