Job Title: MEAL Team Leader
Mission / Objectives
- The MEAL TL is the focal point for collecting and documentation monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning information at the base level. He/she supports the programme teams through monitoring, data collection, data processing, mapping, and information analysis.
- S/he will coordinate with PMs and FCs to highlight the key issues related to program quality and relevancy captured through MEAL mechanism (either through field monitoring or studies), their course correction and recommendations for future improvement. S/he will support MEAL Coordination in organizing MEAL capacity building events for both MEAL and program staff.
List of Tasks and Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure Field Monitoring Reports (FMRs) are generated for covered all projects and FMRs shared weekly;
- Centralize / follow-up creation and update of monitoring plans;
- Contribute to the revision of monitoring and evaluation tools and train program teams on design and proper use;
- Participate in data analysis and writing of monitoring and evaluation reports;
- Participate in the follow-up of recommendations;
- Propose cross-cutting monitoring activities to improve the quality of the response;
- Ensure MEAL team weekly planning and follow up;
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her manager;
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions;
- Participate in the revision of monthly APU.
Data Management and Mapping:
- Centralize and organize all data on the program;
- Support program team regarding the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires and other data collection tools;
- Provide methodological support to the programme teams to ensure timely and high-quality data entry and processing;
- Provide project related figures, and monitoring follow up as requested by coordination;
- Maintain a library of maps produced by SI as well as other stakeholders.
Institutional Knowledge Building:
- Follow up on the Internal Knowledge Building plan and provide data for IKB documents (activity forms etc.).
Human Resources Management:
- Participate in validating recruitment of his/her team;
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility;
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly;
- Evaluate the performances of his/her team members;
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her line manager and the administrative service;
- Enforce safety procedures.
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team.
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- S/he will make sure that monthly MEAL trackers and Feedback and Complaint Response Mechanism (FCRM) database are updated and shared with MEAL Coordination;
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report to his/her project manager;
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack;
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields;
- Represent SI when asked to do so;
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams;
- Support the coordination and program team in the preparation of visual supports needed for presentation materials;
- Participate to reinforce understanding of SI fields of action, principles and modus operandi by the program teams and populations;
- Ensure that tools and files are properly archived and secured;
- Participate in learning workshops.
Organizational Chart Position:
- Line manager: Field Coordinator
- Line report(s): n/a
- Functional manager: Mission MEAL Coordinator
- Functional report(s): n/a
- Studies: University degree in a Humanitarian, Development or any other relevant field;
- Experience: 3 years of practical experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) with local or INGOs;
- Languages: Good spoken and written command of English and Knowledge of Hausa, Shuwa, Kanuri languages;
- IT: Competency in Excel (data input, basic analysis) and Kobo Toolbox.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please send your application with a resume, cover letter
Deadline: January 11, 2021
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|