JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer (Static Equipment)
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
- Perform technical tasks assigned by the Static Equipment Lead, related to design, verification or study activities of Reactors, Columns, Vessels, Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers, Storage Tanks, Air Coolers.
- Interface with other Equipment Engineers. Co-ordinate some technical activities performed inside or outside Saipem. Perform the follow up of supplies with the selected Vendor after the Purchase Order award.
- Perform the estimation of each item (weight/cost) as well as define the class of good of each item and the relevant level of inspection
- Participate in the preparation of Material Requisitions
- Perform the technical bid analysis under the responsibility of the Static Equipment Specialist Lead
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements and maintain project technical files
- Control subcontracted discipline engineering documents
- Overview tender or contract documents to identify the disciplinary project requirements, the available data/information, and the required scope of work
- Determine mechanical engineering requirements
- Set up and progress basic and detail engineering activities
- Prepare detail engineering documentation in compliance with the process requirements and technical specifications (equipment mechanical data sheets, etc.)
- Review Client project specifications and requirements
- Provide technical assistance to the project team
- Prepare the technical documentation for the equipment procurement
- Participate in the technical evaluation of bids
- Check the list of spare parts
- Participate in preparing mechanical books
- Ensure Static Equipment suppliers follow-up
- Ensure technical support during plant construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
- A minimum of about 6 to 8 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry.
- Good IT/ engineering software skills.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|