Mechanical Engineering Design Instructor needed at Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI).
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineering Design Instructor
JOB LOCATION: Warri, Delta
- The job role involves the teaching of Mechanical Engineering Design
- The goal is to deliver training in an efficient and hands-on manner in order for expected course outcomes to be achieved.
- Ensure the development of up to date course materials and teaching slides (if required)
- Demonstrates sound practices in instruction and classroom management that respond to students diverse academic needs.
- Plan, organize and deliver course during the course duration
- Liaise with training coordinator to determine appropriate course delivery methods
- Administer Assessment
- Mark exam papers (where relevant) in accordance with marking guidelines and compute student scores
- Adhere to agreed training schedules and no. of expected course delivery man-hours
- To maintain accurate attendance records
- To conduct student evaluations in accordance with the Institute’s policies
- To make a suggestion to the training coordinator concerning improvements in curriculum
- Minimum of BSc in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Mechatronics Engineering or a closely-related field
- Other professional certifications desired
- Membership of COREN preferred
- Two (2) or more years of related industry experience highly desirable
- Excellent product knowledge and experience with Solid works other design software such as MATLAB, CAD etc.
- Excellent understanding of solid modelling, computer-aided design and computer-aided engineering.
- Ability to conduct research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must exhibit emotional stability and control
Note: We also place a high premium on practical skills and industrial experience that can be used to enhance student learning.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com using “Mechanical Engineering Design Instructor” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: October 31, 2020
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|