JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
- Under the overall supervision of the Migration Health Officer (MHO) and the direct supervision of the Senior medical assistant, the successful candidate will be assigned to the subunits in the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) and will carry out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to Migration Health Assessment in Lagos, Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Call Centre Overall Duties:
- Provide migrants’ information regarding health assessments by phone.
- Register the migrants in the IOM database, schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and beneficiaries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent from an accredited institution with at least two years of relevant working experience or Secondary School Diploma with at least four years of relevant working experience.
- Certification in Information Technology is an advantage.
- Experience in with a customer service, Information Management and/or Technology, or administration support background.
- Experience working in a call center or medical institution in a busy office is preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience is an added advantage.
- Experience in computer data entry, elaboration, and analysis
- In-depth use of MS office applications, data collection and manipulation.
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
- High computer literacy in windows, Microsoft Office is mandatory, common software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and knowledge of web page design would be an asset
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] indicating position applied on subject line.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.25 Medical Assistant. Lagos Nigeria.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian Nationals only.
Deadline: April 12, 2021