Medical Coordinator is needed at INTERSOS Nigeria
JOB TITLE: Medical Coordinator
Code: SR – 49 – 1528
LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent missions in the field sites in other states of Nigeria
Starting Date: 01/08/2020
Contract Duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission (hierarchically), Head of Medical Unit (technically)
Supervision of: Deputy Medical Coordinator, Pharmacy Manager and Nutrition Supervisor.
General Context of the Project
- Since 2009, the Boko Haram insurgency has crippled north eastern Nigeria. Borno State continues to be most affected, with over 1.8 million internally displaced persons (IDPs).
- Advanced university degree in medicine or other paramedical studies. Desirable specialization in Tropical Medicine or a degree in Public Health
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in a similar role in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments
- Previous experience in Nigeria and/or Western and Central Africa is an asset
- Sound personal organizational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi-tasking, prioritization of tasks, and working under pressure
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international multiethnic and multicultural environment
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work in short periods of time
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to changing nature of humanitarian context and operational difficulties in the field
- Proficiency in English (conversation, reading and writing) required
- Multi-language knowledge desirable
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|
|Deadline||21st July, 2020.|