JOB TITLE: Medical Doctor
JOB LOCATION: Katsina
Contract: 208 working hours per month with flexibility required
- Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- MSF has been active in Katsina since February 2021 after carrying an exploratory mission that end up with an opening of the project under the Emergency-Cell.
- Currently, MSF is running 1 ITFC (Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre) in Katsina in the KofarSauri PHCC and 5 ATFC (Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Centre) including 4 in Jibia LGA (Magama, Daddara, GubiMagaria and Riko) and 1 in Katsina (KofarMarusa).
- There is ongoing plan to implement additional ATFC in Mashi and Mani LGA.
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IPD patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection, and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- In collaboration with the Head Nurse and the Medical Activity Manager, ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are always followed and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.Ensures Professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing, and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Medical Doctor Degree Essential
- Tropical Medicine Degree Desirable.
- 2 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, Pediatrics, care of malnourished children, Infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS, TB, General Practice, General Medicine or Minor Surgery.
- English and Hausa essential; Fulani, Kanuri and any other local language desirable.
According to MSF France salary grid
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.
Deadline: November 30, 2021
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|