Women for Women International (WfWI) is recruiting candidates for a Men’s Engagement Program Assistant.
JOB TITLE: Men’s Engagement Program Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Bauchi
- The Men’s Engagement Program Assistant is responsible for implementing an integrated training program targeting multi-level men stakeholders in Bauchi State.
- Assist in overseeing training and educating the community, religious and traditional leaders and their stakeholders on violence against women and its impact on the community
- Assist in the training of community leaders and other male stakeholders to develop strategies to address the varied impact of violence against women on the community;
- Assist in working with community leaders and local partners to strengthen community structures to better respond to violence against women through changed attitudes and perceptions on sexual violence and women’s rights.
- Assist in the coordination of advocacy campaigns to sensitize men on gender violence
- Share techniques, strategies, success stories, difficult cases, supplemental materials, etc, with Men’s Engagement Program Coordinator and other colleagues.
- Implement a coordinated weekly, monthly and annual training schedules in collaboration with other staff and trainers from other departments, as appropriate.
- Implementation of an orientation plan for new participants about program rules and goals.
- Ensure lessons are delivered from the WfWI Men’s Leadership curriculum according to an established schedule.
- Provide information to participants about other services provided by the organization such as vocational training, business skills training or numeracy training.
- Provide information to participants about the services of partner organizations or other community services such as microcredit, legal aid, health care, counseling, etc.
- Assist in the development of a curriculum for the men’s leadership training
- Assist in the mobilization, enrolment, and coordination of training for traditional leaders and men’s groups
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree in the Social Sciences plus a minimum of a year’s experience in one of the following sectors: social services, education (preferably with adults), psychology, community development, and/or women’s issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to ending violence against women.
- Understanding the role of men in ending violence against women.
- Experience working on community development issues.
- Demonstrated experience working with NGOs, particularly international NGOs, is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in organizing training and working with the community and traditional leaders.
- Strong computer skills (especially Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
- Required oral and written communication skills in English as well as oral fluency in the Hausa language.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter and 3 professional references to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Men’s Engagement Program Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview. No telephone inquiries, please.
|Deadline||4th January, 2020.|