JOB TITLE: Mission Pharmacy Manager
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
Contract: Fixed-term contract and working hours according to Nigerian law
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list):
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the Mission, according to MSF standards and values, the Medical Coordinator instructions and technical support from the section pharmacist and intersectional pharmacist, and with consideration of national and international laws and regulations, in order to ensure the quality and proper organization of medical supply process, procedures and protocols, the proper management of the medical stock in the projects and, in collaboration with the medical coordinator, the correct use of medicines and medical material.
- Supporting the HoM and MedCo in representing and defending MSF’s interests before the Ministry of Health and other local authorities or local suppliers for any issue concerning pharmaceutical supply, in order to ensure stock procurement in the projects while complying with the national laws and regulations and following MSF protocols.
- Ensuring a close follow up of the National Drug Supply particularly in projects where MSF is working in conjunction with MoH.
- Collaborating in budgeting and preparing drug and other medical material orders together with Medical and Logistic Coordinators.
- Supporting and participating in all drug and medical material supply processes and ensuring its overall efficiency and effectiveness. This involves regular technical visits to project sites to ensure appropriate follow up of activities and management of field pharmacies; collecting and analyzing stock indicators according to physical records and logistic across different projects and together with the Medical Coordinator taking corrective decisions when necessary and providing technical pharmacy support regarding pharmaceutical information, medication use (protocols and rational drug use), management of side effects, adherence issues etc.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her res-possibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. In case of integration of medical stock under the supply, this includes providing support to Supply Log in this capacity to ensure the medical stock and pharmacy management according to recommended guidelines/procedures.
- Responsible for applying and seeking approval for the purchase of narcotics, record keeping tools for narcotics from the FMOH approved zonal narcotic stores in the country.
- Advise & give feedback to MSF HQ, MSF Log, &HQ on national regulations regarding importation of medical items, registration, renewal of MSF pharmacies registration across the mission.
- Applying for permit to import and clear narcotics, controlled drugs, precursor, restricted and laboratory chemicals from NAFDAC.
- Education: Essential Pharmacy Degree. Mandatory to be licensed with the pharmacist council of Nigeria and to dedicate his license to MSF for importation and supply of medicines.
- Experience: Essential minimum of two years’ experience in (hospital) pharmacy management, previous experience with MSF is desirable.
- Language: Fluent in reading and writing English.
- Competencies: Flexibility, organizational skills, teamwork and cooperation, team management, stress management and commitment to humanitarian objectives and to MSF Principles.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet), and desirable knowledge of “Isy stock”.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their updated CV, qualifications, copy of Pharmacy Degree, Valid Pharmacist Practicing Licence, any other important document, and a Cover Letter with contact details by mail to: [email protected] using “MISSION PHARMACY MANAGER ABUJA ” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to fill this form online
- First Step: Send the documents to the email
- Second Step: Fill the online form.
- Please note that non-compliant or late applications will not be considered
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Deadline: December 31, 2021