MNCH + Nutrition Advisor is needed at Save the Children Nigeria
JOB TITLE: MNCH + Nutrition Advisor, Breakthrough Action
Job Number: 20000356
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria with frequent travel to implementing States
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
Breakthrough ACTION (BA) is a five-year cooperative agreement from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to lead USAID’s social and behavior change (SBC) programming around the world. Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria (BA/N) focuses on malaria; maternal, newborn, and child health including nutrition (MNCH+N); family planning (FP); and tuberculosis (TB); and increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming.
BA/N will collaborate closely with the relevant USAID service delivery and commodities implementation partners from the outset to ensure seamless coordination between supply, demand, and quality of services. BA/N will work at the national level and in 11 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Three states will implement an integrated SBC approach, seven states will implement a malaria-only SBC approach, and FCT will implement an FP-only SBC approach.
Essential Skills Requirements
- Postgraduate qualification in Nutrition, Public Health, MNCAH, or a closely related field.
- At least 5 years of extensive experience implementing MNCH+Nutrition programming.
- Experience in SBCC, health promotion, or similar public health programmes in Nigeria.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current evidence-based internationally agreed global strategies and interventions for MNCH+Nutrition in the reduction of maternal, child and newborn mortality and how to operationalize these
- In-depth knowledge of the MNCH+Nutrition programming, including best practices in social and behaviour change for MNCH+Nutrition and awareness of practices that are no longer considered “evidence-based”
- Familiarity with existing national policies, guidelines and programs in the context of MNCH+Nutrition in Nigeria
- Proven experience in SBCC strategy and materials development, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation of SBCC interventions
- Experience in providing technical support to partners, particularly government at senior levels.
- Expertise in project leadership and management, including organizational development and staff management.
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willing and able to work in a challenging environment and have the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and to respond with flexibility and creativity
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|
|Deadline||24th June, 2020.|