Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is recruiting candidates for a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
JOB TITLE: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
JOB LOCATION: Praia, Cabo Verde
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is expected to play the cross-cutting function of guiding the planning of program results, and the monitoring and evaluation of progress towards achievement of those results across the organization
- With support from the Office of Executive Director, the M&E Officer provides general leadership, sets standards and maintains oversight of ECREEE’s entire monitoring and evaluation function
- The M&E is a core member of the agency’s strategic plan implementation committee, ensuring that overall performance is measured and adequately disseminated.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate planning, monitoring, and evaluation of programs and projects;
- Periodically update existing procedures for projects performance monitoring and evaluation, and champion their use by program officers and other related staff;
- Lead the development of plans for monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Support program officers to monitor implementation of projects’ performance;
- Coordinate periodic performance reviews of projects;
- Provide technical and coordinate administrative support to external evaluators to conduct planned evaluations;
- Lead the reporting of results to ECREEE management, Board and ECOWAS Commission;
- Identify M&E capacity needs within ECREEE and, design and deliver, and/or recommend external capacity building opportunities, and
- Conduct any related tasks assigned by the Executive Director.
Academic Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Development Economics, Sociology, Statistics, Public Administration, Management, or Other Social Sciences from a recognized university;
- 5 years of relevant experience in strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation;
- Knowledge of the Result Based Management approach to planning, monitoring, evaluation of development interventions;
- Knowledge of rules, policies, and guidelines of development partners;
- Professional technical knowledge/expertise in collect and data analysis.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Ecowas Key Competencies:
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect the chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information, and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues, and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to keep key stakeholders informed about progress or setbacks, paying attention to timelines and, quality work;
- Ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned responsibilities and established client service standards;
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness, and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race, and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgment, tact, and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbiased and transparent manner.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programs and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- Knowledge of member states’ development trends, indicators, challenges, and opportunities as it relates to project/program assigned to own position.
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends, and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and web-based data management;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators, and risks;
- Ability to formulate results, identify/construct indicators, and lead the determination of targets and collect indicator data to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.
UA37,651.28, USD 59,406.19 / UA 44,032.04, USD 69,473.75
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: [email protected]
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)
Click here for more Information
|Job Category||Government Agencies / Public Sector|
|Deadline||30th January, 2020.|