The Daily Trust is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Multimedia Journalists
Contract Type: Fix term
Your main responsibilities are to generate, write, edit and publish compelling and original multimedia content across all our platforms in English or Hausa Covering breaking news and live events in person or in collaboration with reporters in the field
- Contribute in generating ideas and planning for coverage as well as collaborating with other sections within the newsroom to ensure effective use of resources
- Researching, scripting and packaging stories that appeal to young audience across platforms Reversioning content for English platforms and external partners
- Sourcing and interviewing potential news sources and high-profile guests
- Working with reporters to commission and write engaging features and news analysis
- Monitoring trending topics on social media and writing stories that will appeal to digital audience.
- Working in collaboration with Aminiya editor or other line editors on any task that may be assigned to you (For Hausa section)
- Translating content from English to Hausa and vice-versa (For Hausa section)
- Working in collaboration with Daily Trust editor or other line editors on any task that may be assigned to you (For English section)
- Preparing interview briefs and sourcing background information on any topic as may be assigned to you.
Skills and competencies:
- Proficiency in Hausa and English
- For those applying for the English section, Hausa language is not compulsory but an added advantage.
- Sound editorial judgement
- Knowledge of social media and creative ways of using it to drive engagement Strong journalism and field reporting experience
- Ability to work as a team player and respond to tight deadline
- Familiarity with the Nigerian media landscape
- Knowledge of any audio, video or photo editing software programme will be a valuable addition
|Job Category||Media / Art / Entertainment|