Job Title: National Consultant: Gender Based Violence (GBV) in Emergencies – NOC
Job Ref No: 2000583
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- Preventing and responding to gender-based violence (GBV) in refugee contexts and emergencies remains one of the key challenges for the humanitarian sector. Research suggests that approximately 1 in 5 refugees or displaced women experience sexual violence
- Health services for survivors of GBV can be lifesaving and are a minimum standard of health care in humanitarian settings. However, access to this essential care is often limited.
Essential Education Qualifications:
- University Degree in one of the following fields: Public Health, Women’s or Gender and Development Studies, Social Sciences; or First Health Science Degree with Advanced Degree (at least at Master level) in a related field.
Desirable Education Qualifications:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields: Public Health, Women’s or Gender and Development Studies, Social Sciences;
- Training in Women’s Health, Epidemiology or Social Sciences
- At least 5 years’ work experience in programming on violence against women / gender-based violence, ideally with some of this in humanitarian settings,
- Experience in training health organizations and health providers.
- Experience in UN organizations or agencies, or non-governmental organizations providing technical assistance and support to humanitarian settings.
|Deadline||25th February, 2020|