Job Title: National Consultant – Support Situation Analysis of the National Health Research System
Ref Id: 1905058
Primary Location: Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 30 days
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Essential: University degree in Health Systems Development, Health Policy, Health Informatics, Health Economics, International Health, or any related discipline.
- Desirable: Advanced University degree in Health Systems development, Health Policy, Health Informatics, Health Economics, International health, or any related discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the health sector in a government or non-governmental international organization with evidence of support in developing Health-biased strategic Plans.
- 10 or more years’ experience working in the health sector in a government or non-governmental international organization with evidence of support in developing Health-biased strategic Plans
- Performance of similar assignment with UN/WHO will be an advantage.
Functional Skills and Knowledge Required:
- A proven record of health systems strengthening work; an understanding of Nigeria’s Health System is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound methodological and technical advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders and partners
- Demonstrated ability to analyze political context and interact and negotiate effectively with multiple interests as well as familiarity with working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the National Counterparts-Federal and State Ministry of Health including Department of Planning Research and Statistics
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, integrate, synergize and communicate complex ideas in English, verbally and in writing
- Ability to monitor and communicate progress in terms of process and results
- Knowledge of the health system situation and stakeholders in Nigeria
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point; any one computerized accounting package is highly desirable.
- Membership of a reputable research organization.
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|
|Deadline||11:59:00 PM; 13th November, 2019|