JOB TITLE: Trainee Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Agbara Factory, Ogun
Job Type: Full time
Level: Entry Level
Minimum Educational Qualification: Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Relevant Work Experience: Entry Level
- Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Trainee Engineer to supervise technical staff and contractors on new installations (building and equipment) as requested by the Project Engineer.
- The individual will be responsible for completing related activities on all projects on time and within budget, as well as ensuring quality and on-time credit submissions.
A day in the life of…
- Supporting the Project teams in end-to-end projects including developing the investment project charter and seeing that it is strictly followed throughout the execution of the project.
- Supporting the Engineering team in carrying out activities aimed at achieving optimum factory operations, strategic capacity simulations and evaluations aligned with business needs to guide production plans, as well as decisions on capacity investments; and delivering on key annual performance metrics.
- Supporting the start-up teams to ensure a smooth transition to operations, after the qualification and verification of the installation have been finalized.
- Managing the engineering aspects of the project implemented (such as buildings, equipment erections, piping, utilities; etcetera) in accordance with the defined timing, cost, quality, the URS and the characteristics of a unit guaranteed on the whole project site and a vertical start-up.
- Supporting in preparing and distributing the project documentation of engineering, including the engineering aspect of the project final report and providing feedback to the Maintenance Prevention System.
- Carrying out data verification, analysis and health checks for data accuracy while triggering corrective actions where necessary.
- Capturing data that will be useful in providing support to the Finance and Control team in establishing/reviewing the Annual Cost Estimates (ACE) forecasts and identifying opportunities for improvement and savings.
- Reviewing and maintaining relevant master recipes and production versions aligned with forecasts to support production.
- Maintaining Food Safety awareness and ensuring its strict compliance.
- Determination of methods to minimize the likelihood of injuries or damages to people and/or equipment (SH&E).
- Promoting the development of environmental-friendly and sustainable solutions; mobilizing resources (both internal and external).
- Selecting the qualified contractors and coordinating their activities; ensuring that the organization’s standards are applied.
What will make you successful:
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Industrial or Production Engineering (or their equivalent); with a minimum of a Second Class Lower class of degree. A Project Management certification is an added advantage.
- Credible, passionate and engaging individual, with/without experience in the FMCG sector.
- Knowledge of Project Engineering (Foundation knowledge).
- Versatility and ability to lead or work in teams.
- Commitment to strong work ethics including integrity, honesty, safety, compliance and quality.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating individual with strong interpersonal and good organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Great level of numeracy skills with the natural ability to solve problems and proffer solutions.
- Highly analytical individual with experience of evaluating and interrogating numbers.
- Aptness to learning.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office Applications).
Note: We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical, Hospitality / Food Services|
|Deadline||27th March, 2020.|