JOB TITLE: NOC Support Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum years of Experience: 3
- The successfully hired NOC support engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of Transmission and IP devices across MainOne’s network through the support of Network monitoring systems, perform first line troubleshooting/fault isolation, resolve where necessary and escalate to other levels for support in line with MainOne’s internal processes.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures.
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- BSc / HND Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- 3 years of experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of IP devices will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Ubiquiti or Ceragon radio.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Good Knowledge of Huawei OSN series equipment.
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- Strong Knowledge of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy technology
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to use OTDR, E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, power meter and other signal testing tools/instruments.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|