JOB TITLE: Nursing Activity Manager
JOB LOCATION: Shinkafi, Zamfara
Contract Period: Six Months
- Define, coordinate and monitor all care and nursing related activities in the project and ensure the daily management the human resources according to MSF nursing protocols, standards and procedures in order to enhance efficiency, quality and continuity of prescribed care.
- Plan and organize all nursing related activities (IPD, OPD, maternity, nutrition, etc.)
- Participate in the definition of annual planning and update of its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the standard quality healthcare.
- When needed, be responsible for scheduling duty rosters, shifts and on call of nursing staff.
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the legal therapeutic protocols, procedures and standards, depending on project objectives (PPTCT, PEP, VCT, IEC, SGBV, MH services, etc.)
- Provide technical support when needed and ensure quality of nursing care, confidentiality, information traceability, patient surveillance, and the application of the therapeutic and sterilization rules by the health care personnel.
- Supervise nutritional activities in order to ensure that therapeutic food is provided regularly and that it complies with quality and quantity standards
- Ensure all administrative procedures, documents and existing data management tools are used correctly
- According to MSF protocols and in collaboration with the Pharmacist and Medco, supervise the distribution of drugs, pharmacy activity, expiration terms and consumption patterns and ensure that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and above minimum safety point.
- In coordination with the project biomedical service, supervise the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs.
- In close coordination with the Logistics Manager, supervise laboratory outputs related to nursing activities (blood test) to ensure samples are collected correctly and results are provided on time.
- In close coordination with the HR department, plan and supervise the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nursing staff of the project in order to improve staff capabilities and ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Train nursing staff on PTE.
- Report to the line manager on any relevant information linked to nursing activities and participate in monthly reports.
- Education: (Bachelor of Science in Nursing Desirable); Specialization or training in tropical medicine would be an asset
- Experience: Essential working experience of at least two years in nursing activities related jobs. Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
- Language: Mission Language essential; Local Working Language Desirable
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- 208 working hours per month.
Gross Monthly Salary
According of MSF National Salary Scale – Level 10
Note: MSF Encouragers Women and People with Disabilities to Apply
Deadline: December 12, 2021
|Job Category||Nursing/Health Care Work/Frontline|