Job Title: Nutrition and Health Sector Manager
Locations: Damaturu & Bade, Yobe
Employment type: Full time
Department: Programmes – Health and Nutrition
Direct Line Manager: Project Manager
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting a Nutrition and Health Sector Manager who will support the implementation and management of Planned Health and Nutrition activities.
- Support the implementation of the short and long-range plans for delivery of project services, provide guidance to AAH’s Nutrition and Health staff in the management of project interventions or activities for effective project impact.
- Work with the project team to develop an overall detailed project implementation plan for nutrition and health component in line with a predefined project implementation work plan.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Nutrition / Nursing or Medicine or public health, a certificate in project management for development professionals will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in primary health care and maternal health.
- 2 years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF program.
- Previous experience in a managerial role is preferred
- A self-starter with excellent team management.
- Project management abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great communication and report writing skills
- Previous INGO experience
- Experience with donor-funded programs
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 308.589 per month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Deadline: January 13, 2021
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|