JOB TITLE: Nutrition Officer
Job ID: 210000XS
Team: Programme Operations
Post Type: National (2 positions)
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Reports to: Nutrition Specialist
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Child Safeguarding: Level 3
- The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people. In the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3.
- As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Qualifications & Experience
- Health/Public Health/Nutrition or equivalent with a minimum of 4years progressive experience post-NYSC
- Experience in Nutrition and community-based programming
- Technical expertise and experience on behaviour change programming
- Proven capacity of management, leadership and teamwork
- Demonstrable ability at report writing.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Resident in and familiarity with the cluster LGAs is necessary.
- Experience in community-based interventions in the Western part of Nigeria is an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages.
- Computer literate
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Deadline: February 22, 2021
|Job Category||Hospitality / Food Services|