JOB TITLE: Nutrition Technical Advisor
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
- MdM is currently implementing an emergency response program in Borno state. The program is implemented around the main following components: improving access to primary health care, nutrition treatment (severe acute malnutrition), gender based violence survivors’ treatment, mental health and psychological support.
- In 2019, MdM will run directly 4 clinics (3 in Maiduguri, 1 in Damboa), support 2 Ministry of Health PHCC. MdM has also developped internal capacities to respond to new emergencies (mainly displacement of population as well as cholera outbreak).
Support the provision of Nutrition services in MdM operational sites (MdM clinics, MOH PHCC):
- Based on the Borno state context and in line with MdM overall strategy, implement and suggest adjustments to MdM strategy on Nutrition – under the overall supervision of the Health Services Quality Coordinator – in close collaboration with the Health Coordinator, Emergency Response Coordinator and the medical team based in general.
- Advise the clinic team (specific focus on OTP team) on ensuring the implementation of Nutrition related activities, and appropriate referral mechanisms following guidelines and strategy, through the Health Coordinator.
- Support the med team, through the Health services Quality Coordinator, to ensure smooth incorporation of Nutrition component with training and implementation / follow up of internal referral pathway;
Skills and Experience Needed
- B.Sc in Nursing;
- At least 5years of professional experience as nutritionist or advisory function on emergency nutrition programming;
- At least 1 previous experience with an INGO is required (with MdM is an asset);
- Ability to provide quality training;
- Relevant qualifications in Emergency Nutrition, IYCF, screening and treatment of Severe Acute Malnutrition is required
- Ability to create tools and monitoring process
- Working Experience in insecure environments is an advantage
- Excellent English is mandatory (oral and written),
Required personal skills:
- Excellent organisational, training and coaching skills is required;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Capacity to create relationships with the communities, government authorities, INGO and UN agencies.
- Able to prioritize; Be flexible;
- Ability to work under stressful situation;
- Has a good team spirit;
- Able to work and live in specific security context.
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MdM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: [email protected] using the “Nutrition Technical Advisor” as the subject of the mail.
Deadline: April 15, 2021
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|