Job Title: Office Assistant (5-Maternity Cover)
- Oxfam seek the position of Office Assistant for its EU-Funded PROSELL project which aims at building food security and resilience in Taraba.
- Under the direct supervision of supply and logistics officer, the office assistant will be responsible to perform administrative activities as assigned, assist in the implementation of the maintenance of office equipment, overall day-to-day office administration to ensure that all services, facilities, and utilities are always in good condition.
- The job holder will provide efficient administration support to the project office for a period of 5months.
- Acts as the front-line staff of Oxfam by receiving and answering in-coming telephone calls and directing the calls to relevant staff or take messages as appropriate, open, date stamp, register and distribute all general correspondence
- Receives all visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner and directing them to relevant staff
- Ensure the supply of newspapers to the office on a daily basis
- Provide refreshment (e.g. tea, water, etc.) to Oxfam visitors – as requested
- Assist in handling incoming written mails, register them and pass them to the relevant staff
- Handle outgoing written materials and ensure they are sent to their intended destinations
- Perform general clerical duties to include photocopying, faxing, mailing and filling.
- Sign for and distribute Fed Ex/Airborne packages; receive goods from vendors and other service providers.
- Act as the office storekeeper of materials (e.g. stationary), keep records and maintain a minimum re-order level of each item as agreed with supply & logistic officer.
- Make requisition for materials to logistician when necessary
- Ensure office cleanliness and the supply of newspapers to the office on a daily basis
- Assist in asset management as defined by the supervisor.
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Good oral and written English
- Minimum 2 years work experience.
- Previous administrative experience in an office setting required.
- Good computer and internet skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and other commonly used software.
- Strong organizational skills, record keeping, and attention to detail.
- Displays maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and manage workload.
- Candidate must be based in Taraba.
Skills and Competence:
- Good communication skills
- Communicates effectively with peers and managers
- Ability to draft communication according to supervisors’ requirements
- Works accurately with attention to detail
- Receives, understands and acts upon guidance from managers in day-to-day tasks
- Demonstrates appropriate numeracy and literacy skills for work
- Is a supportive team member
- Spots errors and mistakes in own work
- Ability to respond to a variety of questions relating to own work
- Where appropriate takes a proactive approach to work issues that arise
- Role will suit a young, intelligent and dynamic individual
- Additionally, role requires a secretarial or similar educational background