JOB TITLE: Officer, Nostro & CBN Reconciliation
Job ID: 61065
JOB LOCATION: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- To support the Team Leader, Prompt reconciliation of Nostro, CBN & Blotter to Nostro accounts and other aligned functions to ensure that there are no long outstanding items and to meet regulatory demand.
- Daily reconciliation of Nostro, CBN and Blotter to Nostro accounts (Net Open Position-NOP)
- Daily monitoring and follow-up on the Aligned Units: SISL, IS and GMO accounts for resolution of non-conforming items
- Accurate matching of entries using Clirec Web Based Application.
- Initiates process of investigation into unusual occurrence in Nostros accounts.
- Ensure cleanliness and Integrity of all CBN/Nostro/ NOP accounts through the regular review of these accounts
- Maintain a culture within the Bank that emphasizes and demonstrates to all the importance of reconciliation and its corresponding effect on service excellence
- Follow up on all unmatched and outstanding items in the CBN / Nostro/ NOP accounts by generating written queries to the applicable unit / branch
- Prompt rendition of monthly / Quarterly EFASS reports on Nostro accounts
- Ensure proper filing, storage and retrieval for Nostro account statements
Outputs and Measures:
- Achievement of strategic goals (Unit / individual goals)
- Compliance and improvement on turn- around times (TAT) on delivery of reconciliation reports
- Number of ageing items on Nostro / CBN/ NOP accounts.
- Number of complaints / mismatched items
- Improved customer service and satisfaction levels as per customer survey results
- Reduction of costs and increased throughput
- Quality of risks mitigation interventions
- Develops and implements initiatives to reduce cost and ensures that budgets for the Recons Unit are met.
- Develop initiatives to improve operational efficiency and achieve reduction in operational costs.
- Identifies and defines operational performance metrics geared towards meeting country objectives by analysing the existing gaps.
- Work closely with Team members to ensure that best practices and a standard approach is followed.
- Provides accurate and timeous MIS
- Identifies and assesses the risks facing both systems and business processes thereby providing effective loss and risk management and so minimising the operational risks.
- Liaises with POR management in ensuring that regulatory, group policy standards and minimumn operating procedures are observed to minimise the Bank’s exposure to risk.
- Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself.
- Up-Skills self-regarding new processes and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- First Degree (B.Sc) Accounting related field.
- Professional Certificate (ACA /ACCA, MBA) Accounting, Finance, Banking & Management.
- General audit and banking experience
- Years: 1 – 2 years
- Experience Description: At least two years general audit and banking experience
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance|