JOB TITLE: OVC Education, Adolescents and Protection Officer
JOB LOCATION: Obollo Afor, Enugu
Employment Type: Full-time
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical guidance and ensure the implementation of Education activities for community based OVCs support in the 4GATES project.
- The OVC Education, Adolescents and Protection Officer is under the supervision of the Program Manager, in collaboration with other thematic areas officers organize a range of duties related to education and child protection.
- The Education Officer will provide technical leadership in education OVC services.
- The OVC Education and Protection Officer will have some combination of technical expertise and experience in OVC service areas that include;psychosocial support, education, child rights and advocacy.
- The OVC Education, Adolescent and Protection Officer will guide the project technically in terms of: OVC service provision; capacity development and mentoring of community volunteers and care givers on child education.
- To develop detailed annual/monthly/weekly work-planfor OVC Care and support in child protection and education and participates in project evaluations and assessments.
- To identify and support indigent OVC with primary and secondary school fees.
- To plan for and oversee debriefing training for adolescent youths.
- To plan for and undertake follow-up trainings for community volunteers.
- To facilitate the formation and training of Community OVC coalitions and task forces
- To represent PCI in OVC forums at local and national levels.
- To prepare and submit timely monthly, reports and share with partners as appropriate.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of First Degree in Law or a Degree in Education, Social Sciences or other relevant field
- 2-3 years post NYSC experience.
- Have an understanding of the child right sector, OVC frameworks in Nigeria and OVC programming guidelines including National Service Standards is essential.
- Experience working with children
- Experienced in child rights
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and power point presentation
- Excellent project management skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English and Igbo is essential
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Deadline: September 29, 2021
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|