American University of Nigeria (AUN) is recruiting candidates for a Peer Education Assistant.
JOB TITLE: Peer Education Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Damaturu, Maiduguri or Yola
- The Peer Education Assistant will provide a safe space and learning environment for the beneficiaries without fear of judgment, misunderstanding, harassment or abuse.
- H/she shall work to increase social connectedness and create a sense of belonging within supportive peer networks.
- Mentoring, sharing of information, leading in tasks and supporting beneficiaries in target communities through positive behavior.
- Assisting the peers in articulating their goals for recovery, learning and practicing new skills, helping them monitor their progress, supporting them in their treatment, modeling effective coping techniques and self-help strategies.
- Assisting in clinical, emotional and support services as needed.
- Providing assistance in peer advocacy and interdisciplinary treatments.
- Coordinate with patients in care planning activities.
- Carry out community familiarisation, mobilise peers and venue selection for sessions.
- Take in the lead in community advocacy activities for parents and guardians.
- Provide support in developing a monthly work plan.
- Compile, validate and report data on session activities.
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
- A minimum of a Degree in Social / Behavioural Sciences or a related field of study.
- A minimum of 3 year experience in community and health-related interventions, especially in behaviour change communication and management of health-related plans.
- Experience in advocacy will be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate must be a resident in the state/community of implementation.
- He/She must be able to speak the local language of the intervention state/communities. (Hausa and/or Kanuri).
- He/She must be conversant with the norms and values of the community.
- Good report writing and excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|
|Deadline||26th May, 2020.|