JOB TITLE: Pharmacist – cART Team
- This position will be responsible for the provision of Community Antiretroviral Therapy services through the provision of pharmaceutical services in the communities.
- The successful candidate will be part of a 3-man Community ART Response Team (cART)
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Delivery of quality antiretroviral therapy (ART) services, through ensuring an efficient supply of medicines and delivering client-oriented services to promote appropriate use.
- Excellent delivery of pharmaceutical care and uninterrupted supply of anti-retroviral drugs and other relevant medications.
- Ensure that the project maintains Good Pharmacy Practice and Standards during community outreaches.
- Inventory management and reporting of all health commodities dispensed during health outreaches.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a University Degree in Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical Services / Doctor of Pharmacy) from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in public health programs, with a focus on HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment.
- Must possess a proven record of working in a multi-disciplinary environment and implementing health projects conducted with disease control programmes in low-income countries.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the ART regime and current global/national guidelines for dispensing ARV.
Skills and Competency Required:
- Patient counselling
- Adherence to professional ethics
- Accuracy in dealing with prescription.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|