JOB TITLE: Piping Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure sound and correct piping system specification(s) is/are produced.
- Oversee welding activities including qualification and production welding.
- Progress metallurgy, coating, and other technical queries.
- Development of piping and structural weld procedures prior to submission to client.
- Liaise with other discipline engineers to ensure the overall objective is achieved.
- Ensure sound data management and filing of documents in piping engineering department.
- Circulate for squad check, drawings, specifications, datasheets, RFQs and TBEs.
- Liaise with Contracts & Procurement department for vendor assessment, the preparation of bidder lists, RFQ’s, TBE’s, vendor document review, and final vendor appraisal.
- Liaise with Proposals department for bid preparation, market strategy development, etc.
- Liaise with Expeditors and Quality Control Inspectors.
- Liaise with Document Control department.
- Provide input to the project critical items list as required.
- Partake actively in constructability reviews
- Implement project construction quality control requirements including in-process surveillance, and inspection and testing of completed installations.
- Control calibrated measuring and test equipment used on projects.
- Prepare material summary reports.
- Quantity take-off, control, reporting and forecasting.
- B.Eng (2nd Class Upper) or equivalent with minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- Membership (at chartered level) of a relevant engineering institution is highly desirable.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, and willingness to teach/learn.
- Experience in oil and gas sector is desirable.
- Workshop/fabrication experience is highly desirable.
- P&ID literate, with the ability to liaise with process engineers and control engineers.
- Commenting on documents and drawings in a constructive manner that identifies non compliance, errors, and improvement opportunities.
- Designing piping systems based on P&ID’s, Equipment Plot Plan, Piping Line Lists, Piping Material Specifications, Equipment Drawings, Civil/Structural Drawings, General Specifications, and other documents
- Drafting, PDMS/PDS, AVEVA E3D, AutoCAD and Bentley V8i Auto PLANT experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Caesar II Stress Analysis experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in applying international codes of practice for welding and fabrication (NORSOK M650, NORSOK M630 ASME B31.3, ASME IX, PD 5500, API 1104, EMMUA 158, etc.).
- Ability to independently produce WPS and WPQ qualified to project welding specifications and international codes.
- Experience of qualifying piping and structural weld procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Deadline: May 29, 2021
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|