British High Commission (BHC) is recruiting for the position below
JOB TITLE: Political Economy Adviser
Job Ref.: 06/20 LOS) – AU
Grade: C4 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week: 35
Duration of Post: 24 months
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Start Date: 1 May 2020
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Economic and Prosperity
Main Purpose of the Job
- Developing and implementing the Nigeria network’s strategic Prosperity objectives through policy advocacy with state governments, business and civil society.
- Lead on providing high-quality economic analysis and reporting focussed on the three southern geopolitical zones, working closely with other members of the joint DFID-DIT-FCO Nigeria Prosperity Team, including the Prosperity Fund.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Masters Level qualification in economics or equivalent.
- Permission to work in Nigeria
- Willingness to travel to other states in Nigeria
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Economics
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of economic policy-making for federal or state governments
- Masters research in a relevant economics or political economy issues
- Experience of working in or with government in Nigeria
- Experience of working in the private sector or organised civil society in relevant fields
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in one of and preferably both Yoruba and Hausa.
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering
|Job Category||Government Agencies / Public Sector|
|Deadline||16th March, 2020.|
|Salary||NGN 827, 892|