JOB TITLE: Principal Accountant
JOB LOCATION: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervises accounting work such as the analysis, preparation, maintenance, or evaluation of financial records and reports in accordance with standard accounting principles; personally performs the more complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; or directs the accounting activities of the hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises accounting work such as the analysis, preparation, maintenance, or evaluation of financial records and reports in accordance with standard accounting principles; personally performs the more complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; or directs the accounting activities of the hospital; applies sound supervisory principles and techniques in building and maintaining an effective workforce; fulfills affirmative action responsibilities, and does related work.
- Supervises activities of subordinates; assigns work and evaluates performance.
- Plans direct, organizes and schedules the activities of a specialized accounting function or several accounting areas.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of financial reports and reconciliation.
- Advises administrative management as to procedures concerning expenditures and other accounting practices.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of specialized or highly complex reports, statements, surveys or analyses for management.
- Maintains accounting and budget records.
- Recommends alternatives to management when accounting data indicates trends or situations requiring action to be taken beyond scope of responsibilities.
- Develop or support the preparation of administrative and financial reports for upper management.
- Researches analyzes and uses independent judgment in a variety of daily and non-routine decisions affecting assigned function.
- Reviews statements of accounting information and other reports provided by the hospital’s general ledger system.
- Provides technical advice and services to lower-level accountants or other hospital staff with problems, complex issues, or special projects.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Researches and evaluates new or changed accounting principles and practices.
- A First Degree in Accounting, Accountancy, or Banking and Finance is a must.
- Applicant must have at least 12 years of practicing experience as a Principal Accountant in a similar industry.
- Applicant must be a Professional Member of ICAN or ACCA, etc
- He/she must be able to use Ms. Word, (Spreadsheet) Excel, PowerPoint, and other Accounting Software at a professional level
- Applicant must live in Abuja or be willing to relocate.
- Must study Accounting, Accountancy or Banking and Finance in First Degree.
- Must have a valid professional license such as ICAN, ACCA etc
- Must have at least 12 years proven post NYSC/Certificate work experience for this position.
Deadline: September 30, 2021
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|