Principal Blended Finance Coordinator is needed at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
JOB TITLE: Principal Blended Finance Coordinator, FIST1
LOCATION: Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
Position N°: 50102211
- The Vice Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Syndication, Co-financing & Client Services Department (FIST) is to mobilize and increase in Africa and outside Africa resources for the financing of investment projects and programmes; and promote investment in Africa of public and private capital in projects or programmes designed to contribute to the economic development or social progress of regional member countries.
- The Bank views Blended finance as an innovative financing mechanism combining official development assistance with additional commercial finance for development. Blended finance combines concessional finance to mobilize commercial finance from Development Finance Institutions and/or the private sector, to mobilize finance for development at scale, including through accessing a share of the USD 1 trillion in assets under management by private institutional investors. Blended finance is one of the significant tools that Multilateral Development Banks and Development Finance Institutions (collectively, “DFIs”) can use, in cooperation with donors and other development partners, to unlock and catalyze markets, help address the SDGs, and mobilize private capital for development. Over the last years, there has been a substantial growth in international attention on the role of blended finance to promote private sector participation and investment in developing countries, especially since the Financing for Development conference in Addis Ababa in 2015.
- A Master’s Degree (or its equivalent)
- At least six (6) years’ relevant financial structuring experience in debt and or equity products. Experience in a commercial bank or DFI covering Africa, familiarity with loan documentation and financial analysis necessary
- Demonstrable understanding of the workings of international organizations, bilateral agencies and donors, and the global context of development finance would be a plus
- Experience with investment and portfolio management processes;
- Experience with loan and investment documentation, accounting and financial statement analysis;
- Working knowledge of a range of financing alternatives and financial instruments such as guarantees, derivatives
- Proficiency in financial modelling
- Knowledge and experience in the development arena with solid understanding of project financing process; and ability to distil operationally relevant recommendations/lessons for clients.
- Business judgment and analytical decision making
- Experience and ability to analyze facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.
- Ability to fully use systems, procedures policies in order to deliver the required results.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and financial market skills.
- Ability to plan strategically in an uncertain environment, and to achieve desired results on a timely basis
- Ability to drive results and take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Experience or demonstrable ability to lead, guide, support and mentor junior staff in the Division in the execution of the Division’s work program.
- Clear verbal and writing ability is required for explaining and interpreting data and business information.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative work style
- Demonstrable ability to work cross functionally with diverse teams and processes
- High adaptability, ability to drive change and effectively deal with/ manage changing priorities or circumstances
- Achievement/ results orientated – needs to do well, enjoys challenges and seeks new opportunities and is strongly motivated to achieve impressive results.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and SAP work environment.
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance, Principal|
|Deadline||13th June, 2020.|