Principal Board Affairs Officer and Committee Secretary is needed at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
JOB TITLE: Principal Board Affairs Officer and Committee Secretary – (Committee on Operations and Development Effectiveness) Code, PSEG1
LOCATION: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50068481
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including the: Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department / Division
- The role of the Bank’s Office of the Secretary General and the General Secretariat is to facilitate the delivery of the objectives of the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy, High 5s, and Development and Business Delivery Model by enhancing the decision-making process of the governance organs and forging better working relationships with the shareholders and host countries of the Bank.
- The Secretary General and the General Secretariat is comprised of: (i) the Immediate Office of the Secretary General which has the additional responsibility of managing the Records Management and Archives Section and the Corporate Governance Policy and Shareholder Relations Section; (ii) a Board Affairs and Proceedings Division; (iii) a Protocol, Privileges and Immunities Division; and (iv) a Conferences and Meetings Division.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Communication, Economics, International Relations, Development Studies, Development Finance, Social Science and other related disciplines;
- Have a minimum of six years (6) years of relevant professional experience in similar organizations;
- Be proficient in English and French both written and oral; and have strong and proven translation skills.
- Have sound institutional, policies and operations knowledge.
- Private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Have excellent analytical and drafting skills and be good at summarizing and synthesizing.
- Be able to identify and meet clients’ needs within the framework of established rules while processing reports and identify appropriate solutions and alternatives, when necessary.
- Be able to work efficiently under pressure and be willing to work long hours to meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to multi task, and demonstrate effective problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Show proof of discretion, tactfulness and flexibility in dealing with clients such as the Boards of Governors, Boards of Directors, Ambassadors and Senior Management.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance|
|Deadline||26th June, 2020.|