Job Title: Principal Financial Accountant, FIFC.1
Reference: ADB / 21 / 023
Job Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000719
- The Vice Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department:
- The Financial Control Department is responsible for accounting for the financial consequences of the Bank Group’s transactions and decisions, and for the preparation, fair presentation and overall integrity of the internal financial reports and published financial statements.
- The department is also responsible for loan administration and accounting and related fiduciary responsibilities, including disbursement of funds to projects and programs financed by the Bank Group. Lastly, the department provides decision support and expertise in the development and implementation of financial control policies, operational and financial strategies and related information systems.
The Principal Financial Accountant is responsible for:
- Preparing, timely and accurate accounts and reporting transactions in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and rules of the Bank Group
- Providing accurate financial reports to Management, Boards of Directors, bilateral donors and other stakeholders for useful decision making
- Maintaining the accounting procedures of the Bank Group and provide accounting and reporting guidance on various Bank Group initiatives
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the main responsibilities of the Principal Financial Accountant will be:
- Coordinate financial reporting activities, including those of Special, Trust, and donor Funds
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Ensure accuracy and proper reconciliation of the inter-institution accounts
- Provide technical accounting guidance to other Departments and Units of the Bank as may be needed.
- Review and provide input on the financial aspects of agreements to be signed by the Bank with the donors
- Represent the Division/Department on technical committees and special initiatives and provide input on the financial aspects of proposals
- Provide technical accounting and policy guidance on system implementation projects in the area of financial accounting reporting
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts and provide business process support for SAP (FI) applications.
- Maintain system configuration related to Financial Accounting in SAP
- Continuously review of the staff SAP profile in the Division to ensure adequate Segregation of Duties
- Supervise support staff in their daily financial accounting responsibilities.
- Represent the Division/Department in the various working groups, including those of the Asset and Liability Management Committee (ALCO).
- Participate in the evaluation of internal control within the Division.
- Participate in the provision of information requested by internal and external auditors.
- Execute and review the monthly revaluation for the Bank Group
- Other functions that may be assigned by the Division Manager that impact the work of the Division
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or applied Economics.
- Membership with a professional Accounting board.
- Have a minimum of six (06) years of practical experience related to financial reporting, accounting procedures, IFRS compliance, etc.…
- Ability to effectively interpret and apply new and revised IFRS standards to ensure compliance
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to drive change
- Ability to be flexible, open-minded with integrity
- Problem Solving
- Client Orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in French.
- Competence in the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP Finance and related modules is an added advantage
- This position is classified as International Recruitment and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct [email protected](link sends e-mail)
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts.
- The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
Deadline: March 15, 2021
|Job Category||Agriculture / Agro Allied, Banking / Insurance|