Job Title: Principal Financial Accountant (FIFC2)
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000746
- The Vice Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; financial control functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department / Division:
- The Financial Control Department is responsible for accounting for the financial consequences of the Bank Group’s transactions and decisions, and for the preparation, fair presentation and overall integrity of the internal financial reports and published financial statements.
- The department is also responsible for loan administration and accounting and related fiduciary responsibilities, including disbursement of funds to projects and programmes financed by the Bank Group. Lastly, the department provides decision support and expertise in the development and implementation of financial control policies, operational and financial strategies and related information systems.
- The primary purpose of the Bank’s Administrative Expense division is to provide efficient transaction processing services with respect to the capital and administrative expenses of the Bank and of all bilateral funds.
- The Division not only ensures that expenses incurred are in accordance with Bank policies, but also actively seeks opportunities for savings for the Bank in the management of expenses.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Auditing or Finance. A professional qualification obtained from an internationally recognised professional accounting body, e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA or Expert Comptable, would be an advantage.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of practical experience in an accounting firm or in international financial organization.
- Experience in the field of accounts payable gained in the private sector or in an international financial organisation would be an added advantage.
- Ability to visualize, articulate and solve complex problems, concepts and make reasonable decisions based on all available information, particularly problem solving in an automated accounting environment.
- Ability to quickly analyse accounting data structures and data interrelationships and make recommendations on process, system and control improvements
- Ability to work towards achieving and exceeding targets against internal and external standards of excellence.
- Sound knowledge of accounting and International Accounting Standards (IFRS) and strong data analytic skills.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity.
- Have communication skills.
Deadline: November 7, 2020
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|