Principal Financial Management Operations Officer, SNFI2 is needed at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
JOB TITLE: Principal Financial Management Operations Officer, SNFI2
LOCATION: Cairo, Egypt
Position N°: 50102238
- The Senior Vice-Presidency is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve it strategic objective, and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results.
- The Senior Vice-Presidency will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions.
- The Senior Vice-Presidency will lead senior management discussions, decisions-making process and the implementation of key Board and Management decisions.
The Hiring Department
- The SNFI department has four (4) divisions including two (2) for procurement and two (2) for financial management (FM) whose main activities are to provide support to operations complexes for ensuring that project’s fiduciary arrangements comply with Bank Fiduciary (Procurement and FM) policies and procedures and contribute to effective delivery and value for money in Bank-financed projects.
- The Financial Management Division is anchored at the Head-Quarters in the Fiduciary and Inspection Department (SNFI) under the Senior Vice-Presidency. The Division provides professional leadership in ensuring high quality performance with respect to compliance with Bank financial management policies and procedures in lending operations; and in ensuring high quality work in diagnostic work and country dialogue designed to support development of budgeting, accounting and reporting, internal control, treasury management and external auditing and overall financial management policies, systems and capacity of member countries.
- The Principal Financial Management Operations Officer is responsible to ensure that financial management of Bank-financed projects are compliant with the Bank’s financial management policy. This is done by advising on financial management arrangements and reviewing financial management decisions within the project/program operations cycle from the identification to completion stages.
- The incumbent also contributes to the preparation of the Bank’s Country Strategy Paper, and to building Public Financial Management (PFM) capacity of Borrowers which includes training of Borrower staff, advising on project related financial management matters, and assessing and strengthening the Borrower’s PFM systems.
- The Principal Financial Management Operations Officer reports functionally to the Division Manager-Financial Management for North, Central and West Regions (SNFI-2) and administratively to the Regional Operations Manager for Implementation Support (ROM-IS)
- Hold a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related discipline
- Hold a professional Accounting, External Auditing or Internal Auditing Certification/Degree (CPA, CA, ACCA, Expert Comptable, IIA…)
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in the Bank or similar financial institution, with particular expertise in designing, supporting and implementing financial management operations;
- Have a sound knowledge of the African Development Bank’s Financial Management Policy and Procedures;
- Experience in supporting private sector operations (banking, auditing, finance, microfinance institutions, agriculture, electricity, water) would be an added advantage;
- Experience in an Multilateral Development Bank, with emphasis on financial management, highly valuable;
- Experience in the review of financial management policy documents;
- Expert knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and International Standards on Auditing (ISAs). Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSASs) and the International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAIs);
- A good understanding of cross-cutting issues beyond financial management (e.g. procurement, governance, donors’ practices) at sector/country level;
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively (Written and Oral) in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language;
- Ability to work in Arabic will be an added advantage
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications including SAP.
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance|
|Deadline||21st June, 2020.|