Principal Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, AHWS0 is needed at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
JOB TITLE: Principal Monitoring And Evaluation Specialist, AHWS0
LOCATION: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50062655
The Agriculture, Human and Social Development Complex (AHVP) leads in implementing two of the five goals, namely “Feed Africa” and “Improve the Quality of Life for Africans”. The Complex comprises five departments: (i) Agriculture and Agro-Industry Development; (ii) Agriculture Finance and Rural Development; (iii) Gender, Women and Civil Society; (iv) Water Development and Sanitation; and, (v) Human Capital, Youth and Skills Development.
The Hiring Departments / Division(s)
- The Water Development and Sanitation Department (AHWS) is responsible for the coordination of the Bank’s water development and sanitation-related activities to enhance synergies and contribute to achievement of all High 5s.
- The Department consists of two Divisions: AHWS.1 for water coordination and partnerships, and AHWS.2 for water security and sanitation, as well as the African Water Facility (AWF).
- AHWS leads the preparation and implementation of water sector Non-Sovereign Operations (NSOs). It also supports regional hubs in operations and in the development and promotion of new knowledge, approaches and tools for green and inclusive water resources development and management, and for improved sanitation. In so doing, the Department leads the scaling-up of the Bank’s contribution to Africa’s efforts to attain water security and sanitation for sustainable socio-economic transformation.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will be the focal point person on all issues related to monitoring and evaluation at the Department, providing technical guidance and advice to the sector and Regional Member Countries (RMCs), and supporting regional hubs on WASH interventions to adopt appropriate M&E approaches.
The position of the M&E Specialist has the following work objectives:
- Provide lead role in the measurement, management, analysis and packaging of results data and development impact on WASH for reporting and knowledge management. The function will collaborate with all units in the Department (AHWS.1, AHWS.2 and AWF), other departments in the Bank, and external platforms on development progress of the Bank. The position is imperative in ensuring that M&E protocols, templates, processes, policies, systems and databases are in place, functioning properly and adhered to in the department and by the regional hubs.
- Maintain linkage of the Department and the Bank with global development and M&E platforms to demonstrate the Bank’s contribution of results data to such platforms to track the development progress in the continent towards targeted sustainable development goals relating to WASH.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Statistics, Development Evaluation, Monitoring and Evaluation, International Development, Development Economics; or related disciplines.
- At least six (6) years of experience in the position of M&E in a development organization, including an international NGOs, donor organization or a reputable organization/institution working in core areas of water and sanitation.
- Demonstrable sound knowledge of M&E methodologies and approaches in the global development arena particularly in the area of water and sanitation systems.
- Knowledge of M&E systems and procedures, particularly in relation to donor requirements and reporting on water and sanitation.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Good oral and communication skills, including writing and editing technical development reports. Ability to communicate to influence, motivate and change behavior, by inspiring to create enthusiasm for right work approaches.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language
- Competence in the use of the standard Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SAP; and in database management.
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance|
|Deadline||27th June, 2020|