Principal Officer, Archiving and Documentation is needed at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
JOB TITLE: Principal Officer, Archiving and Documentation
Institution: ECOWAS Commission
Department: Office of the President
Division: Archiving and Documentation
Line Supervisor: Director, Communication
Supervising: PO Library Services and Documentation Office, PO Archivist
- Under the supervising of the Director of Communication Keep data organized, safe and available is the main task. This involves maintaining paper files, electronic files, or even databases. Inputting, organizing, and retrieving information from these systems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide professional advice on library development/documentation support to the Community.
- Planning, Development, Supervision and coordination of delivery of Library, Archiving and Documentation services.
- Supervise and coordinate the maintenance of accurate and timely reference answers to enquiries of information about ECOWAS Community and its institutions.
- Supervise the acquisition, processing, organisation and presentation of official documents, books, journals/magazines relating to core mandate of the ECOWAS Commission in textual, audio, photographic formats
- Manage data about ECOWAS Commission and other ECOWAS institutions, new acquisitions including reports, publications and research for cataloguing. Develops on line guides for easy access.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Library, Archiving and Documentation or related field from a recognized university;
- 10 years responsible experience in Library, Archiving and Documentation services, of which at least 2 years relevant international work and 2 years at a supervisory level;
- Proven competence in developing content and implementing complex communications strategies to broaden awareness of Programmes and priorities;
- Knowledge in drafting communication strategies and plans in order ensure visibility across key audiences, including the media;
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||8th August, 2020.|