Principal Officer, Institutional Framework is needed at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
JOB TITLE: Principal Officer, Institutional Framework
Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
Directorate: Political Affairs
Division: Electoral Assistance
Institution: ECOWAS COMMISSION
Department: Political Affairs, Peace And Security
Line Supervisor: PPO Electoral Assistance
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the PPO Electoral Assistance, the incumbent main task will be to support the Head of Division in implementing programmes and activities related to institutional framework, in line with the provisions of ECOWAS extant Protocols and Decisions, in particular, the 1999 Mechanism for Conflict Prevention, Management, Peacekeeping and Regional Security, the Supplementary Protocol on Democracy and Good Governance and the ECOWAS Conflict Prevention Framework.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Political Science, International Relations, Social Science, Economics, Law, Public Administration, or a related field from a recognized University.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience in political affairs, international relations, law, conflict resolution, or related field;
- Ability to prepare technical summary and analytical briefing notes and reports on political issues;
- Demonstrated knowledge of peacekeeping operations, including in the field of mediation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||9th August, 2020.|