Job Title: Principal Process Safety Engineer
Job ID: 124246BR_EN
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
The purpose of this position is to provide Process/ Technical Safety Engineering expertise and support to Shallow Offshore projects, to enable the embedding of Goal zero.
- Lead reviews to help establish fit for purpose and cost-effective approach to technical safety engineering.
- Act as the Technical Safety Technical Authority (TA2) for Shallow Offshore project team with accountabilities as defined in the AIPSM and DCAF.
- Provide specialist services and support for Process Technical Safety (HEMP studies) studies.
- Provide support, challenge and expert advice, relating to Design Integrity, Technical Integrity and Operating Integrity during the Design and Execute phases of the projects.
- Drive the implementation of the Technical Safety Engineering discipline standards.
The incumbent will provide hands-on Technical Safety Engineering services and support under the Engineering Lead and the accountabilities include:
- Executing HEMP studies to support Shallow Offshore Project team.
- Providing specialist services and support to the project team on requirements on HSSE Cases and the associated HEMP studies (HAZID, HAZOP, Bow-Tie, FIREPRAN, etc) supporting these HSSE Cases.
- Screen and/or Review E-MoC to support timely Technical Safety input to assure proper Risk Management in the Management of Change Process.
- Hazardous Area Classification (HAC) Review: Support HAC, ensuring timely Process/ Technical Safety input.
- Participating in audits, health checks, technical reviews, incident investigations and peer assists as the technical authority in the subject area.
- Provide input into detailed design of new facilities or modifications to facilities undertaken by the Shallow Offshore project team with special emphasis on safety and optimization of facility up-time/availability.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of HSSE & SP Control Framework and the Discipline Control and Assurance Framework (DCAF) for the effective delivery of projects within the Shallow Offshore project team.
- Provide Technical Authority (TA2) support for the Shallow Offshore Project Team.
- Promoting effective communication of Technical Safety best practices in Shallow Offshore projects.
- Lead HSE Risks Management:
- HAZID organisation/facilitations/contribution
- Hazard analysis using Bow Tie.
- Risk Assessment contribution/facilitation/training
- HSE Cases / ALARP demonstration process.
- Management of Change.
- Major Hazards Management.
- Physical Effect Modelling (using FRED software)
- Support Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) review.
- Broad knowledge of oil and gas business and its process safety aspects. Technical Engineering or Advanced Science degree with 10+ years relevant experience. Broad experience with EP and experience with Safety risk aspects of EP. A degree in safety risk engineering would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of the business risks
- Assessed TSE TA2 (or TSE TA2 ready at the minimum)
- Good knowledge of the relevant Group and EP standards.
- Knowledge in use of Design safety tools such as HSE Cases, Bowties, HAZID, FIREPRAN, HAZOP, Layout reviews, Fire & Explosion modelling, QRA, SIL, dispersion modelling, etc.
- Good understanding of business aspects of HSE in the short and long term.
- Strong focus on Enterprise First, ensuring close connection and alignment with other Shell Businesses
- Passion, drive and commitment for HSE performance excellence.
- Team player.
- Good analytical skills and keen sense of reality.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical, Oil & Gas / Energy|