Job Title: Principal State Counsel – GL 12
Job Code: EXP-C-03
- The Edo State Government is carrying out a Civil Service Transformation and Enhancement Project as part of its Institutional Reform Agenda. The Project is designed to develop the Human and Organizational capabilities required to deliver efficient services to the people of Edo State, and to Make Edo Great Again.
- The services of talented experienced professionals are required to fill the above position in the Service, support the implementation of the transformation programme and to contribute to embedding the new ways of working.
- Candidates who possess the required qualifications, experience and skills and would like to join us on this exciting and challenging Transformation Journey are invited to apply. Serving Civil Servants seeking a higher challenge may also apply. The eligibility requirements and job specifications are as below:
- Prosecuting all criminal and civil proceedings on behalf of the government, advising on the rights and obligations of the government in legal matters, reviewing existing law, vetting draft or proposed laws, assisting in training of officers and writing reports.
- Candidates must possess a degree in Law from a University recognized by the Council of Legal Education and must have been called to the Nigerian Bar with a minimum of 3 years Post call to bar experience in a Law office.
- Candidates must possess the minimum academic and professional requirements for the role as stated above. Unless otherwise stated, a minimum of a second-class lower degree is required and candidate must have completed the mandatory NYSC program (where applicable). Additional educational or professional qualifications may be an added advantage. Candidates must also be computer literate, technology savvy, and possess good Interpersonal and leadership skills and be able to work effectively in teams.
- Successful Candidates will work in a Civil Service that offers robust, challenging job opportunities, diverse working culture that values teamwork and leverages technology in delivering high-quality services to the people of Edo State. Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the implementation of the Transformation Agenda
- Participate through teamwork in contributing to the goals and objectives of the Ministry they are assigned
- Candidates applying as experienced professionals must not be more than 50 years of age by December 31, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
- Make sure you fill all your details correctly.
- Multiple applications will not be tolerated and will attract automatic disqualification.
- All fields marked with (*) are mandatory.
- N.B All file upload size must not exceed 100kb!
- Candidates may only apply for 1 position. Multiple applications will result in disqualification
- EDSG does not require candidates to make any payments to any person or organization with respect to this recruitment exercise.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and each candidate shall stand the same chance of gaining employment.
- This recruitment campaign shall be free, fair and merit-driven.
Deadline: January 4, 2021
|Job Category||Government Agencies / Public Sector|