The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is recruiting candidates for a Procurement / Logistics Officer.
JOB TITLE: Procurement / Logistics Officer
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
- To provide coordination, administrative services and research to support efficient and effective Procurement/logistics services.
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support Procurement/logistics activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioning offices, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to ADRA Nigeria.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a Supply Chain Manager, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for the Organization.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate officers, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of logistical problems.
- Research, collect and analyze data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision making by procurement department, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement and logistics activities with wider program and ensure a coherent approach to meeting assistance needs.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support ADRA Nigeria to quickly respond and deploy any kind of assistance and needed resources to affected areas without delays.
- Displays basic understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation by collecting necessary information.
- Leverages basic understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of logistics systems, organization operating system and tools in regard to guidelines and policies and conducts a range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making.
- Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.
- The first degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, or related field is desired.
- At least more than one year of working in humanitarian responses and donor-funded programs. Reporting requirements are a must. Knowledge in accounting will be an advantage;
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Good communication skills; fluency in English and Hausa (speaking & writing);
Terms and Conditions
- For background checks – On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their Name, Title, Company, Relationship to you, Email Address, and Telephone Number).
- Applications should be submitted online and in English only through.
|Job Category||Logistics / Transportation/ Supply|
|Deadline||2nd January, 2020.|