JOB TITLE: Procurement Policy & Compliance Advisor
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria (Remote)
- The Procurement Policy & Compliance Advisor sets policy and provides technical guidance and monitoring for global procurement activities.
- The Procurement Policy & Compliance Advisor supports interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures to meet Ipas business needs and context.
- This position will ensure our ERP system aligns with our business needs and policies.
- The Procurement Policy & Compliance Advisor will provide a structured program to strengthen the capacity of our global offices to maintain the system, documentation, and relevant polices.
- The Procurement Policy & Compliance Advisor will serve as strategic thought partner on purchasing concepts, standards, sourcing, and complex procurement assignments.
- This position collaborates with US departments and country offices to manage costs and promote process efficiencies, and provides supportive supervision to one or more direct reports.
- Lead Ipas’s US procurement processes, procedurally and administratively through procurement-related tasks built into Ipas’s ERP, Workday.
- Create and maintain legally sound procurement instrument templates such as consulting agreements, subawards, and purchase orders. Provide risk reduction guidance to sponsorship and participant agreements.
- Support requisitioners and buyers in country offices and departments to ensure appropriate documentation is obtained, tracked, and maintained per policy in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist staff in drafting requests for quotes, specifications, vendor evaluation criteria, and sole source justifications. Support negotiation of vendor terms and resolution of vendor performance or compliance issues, as necessary.
- Provide subject matter expertise, training, and guidance on Ipas’s procurement policy, procedures, and systems. Support the localization of global procurement policy, as requested.
- Partner with offices’ procurement staff to identify and address gaps in procurement instruments, procedures, and the ERP. Spearhead improvements with an emphasis on organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and standardization.
- Keep abreast of evolving procurement best practices and donor procurement standards. Implement updates to reflect changes in regulatory or other matters impacting Ipas.
- Regularly meet with and listen to internal customers to understand their business needs and constraints. Update policies, procedures, and guidance to address the evolving business and contexts.
- Provide supportive supervision and professional mentorship to direct report(s) and other matrixed global procurement staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in a prior procurement role(s)
- Proven track record in customer service roles
- Working knowledge of strategic sourcing concepts and methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of and experience within the purchasing functions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills, and user experience knowledge to make and communicate sound management decisions/recommendations
- Skilled in the use of ERP/financial and other business systems including MSOffice, Outlook, and Sharepoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Skilled in drafting procurement instruments and vendor communications.
- Supervisory experience.
- International experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience developing and delivering training for diverse audiences.
- French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese language capacity.
- Advanced technical training or certification related to procurement. In-depth working knowledge of contract drafting, management and change control processes.
- Customer Service
- Communication and Collaboration
- Decisive Risk Management and Problem Solving
- “I got this” Attitude
|Job Category||Management Advisor, Procurement Officer|