Programme Policy Officer (Protection) – NOA is needed at the United Nations World Food Programme
JOB TITLE: Programme Policy Officer (Protection) NOA
LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Fixed term
Mainstreaming Protection into Country Office Programs and Interventions
- Assist the Protection Advisor in providing technical guidance in how to integrate protection into programming to ensure safe and meaningful access to WFP and implementing partner assistance;
- Undertake and contribute to research if necessary;
- Assist in drafting briefs and reports on protection and accountability to affected populations in WFP.
- The United Nations World Food Programme is one of the largest humanitarian agencies fighting hunger worldwide. Due to its global commitment to its policies on Protection and Accountability to Affected Population (AAP), WFP mainstreams protection and AAP in its food assistance response in Nigeria.
- The Protection Officer will be based in the Area Office in Maiduguri with frequent travel and overnight stays in WFP field sites across Borno State (including Monguno, Dikwa, Bama, Pulka, Damasak, Ngala, Damboa).
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience relevant to the position in integrating or mainstreaming protection issues in humanitarian responses in Borno
- Demonstrated experience working with community-based structures conducting focus group discussions, key informant interviews, awareness-raising and training initiatives at the field level
- Experience in developing and delivering training sessions on protection-related thematic for men and women from the affected population, implementing partner and WFP personnel
- Knowledge of protection mainstreaming in food security
- Experience in drafting protection risk and gender analysis
- Understanding of how to map, identify and communicate information on protection (including GBV and Child Protection referral pathways
Deadline: August 3, 2020
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||31st July, 2020.|