Project Accountant is needed at Development Alternatives, Incorporated (DAI)
JOB TITLE: Project Accountant
Project Title: Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-being program
Reports to: Finance & Administration Director
Project Duration: 5 years
Level of Effort: Full Time
- The Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-being activity is a five-year USAID funded programme in Nigeria, beginning in May 2020. The program, in partnership with select local NGOs will foster, develop and support an ecosystem of safe spaces for youth to gain life-skills, access sexual, reproductive health and rights (SRHR) information as well as referrals to local facilities.
- The primary goal of the programme is to improve the health and well-being of urban, poor adolescents; ages 15–19, by increasing voluntary family planning (FP) uptake and continued use—from a holistic, human capital perspective.
- A Bachelors’ degree or equivalent qualification in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or similar discipline. Possession of an accounting certification; ACA, ACCA, CIMA is required
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience in accounting & financial management on a donor-funded project. USAID experience involving accounting and budgeting duties is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of accounting, budgeting techniques, financial control practices and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work with modern accounting software (e.g. SAGE, QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to keep confidential accounting/financial information
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV by email to: [email protected] using the position title as subject of the mail,
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|
|Deadline||4th June, 2020.|