The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is recruiting candidates for a Project Accountant.
JOB TITLE: Project Accountant
JOB LOCATION: Abuja and Maiduguri, Borno
- To support the stewardship of ADRA Nigeria’s resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting, analyzing, reporting and providing core administrative and programmatic financial support to enable effective management of funds, and ensure assistance to beneficiaries is undertaken in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Ensure proper financial operations and regulatory compliance adherence for all the financial transactions made.
- Support corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating in planning and training non-finance staffs where appropriate using finance management expertise.
- Contribute towards the development of country finance-specific plans and processes, aligned with donor requirements and wider ADRA Nigeria strategies, policies and processes to meet the humanitarian and development assistance needs.
- Analyze and report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, and clearance of receivables, overall cash management, and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with organizational requirements.
- Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to ADRA Nigeria programs.
- Collate and analyze data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, in order to provide management with financial, accounting and budgetary information to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Adhere to financial controls and insight into ADRA Nigeria performance, undertaking periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas, which may present
- potential audit, compliance or financial risks and advise the program manager.
- Represent department at internal meetings, external meetings, and events with other agencies, banks, and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required.
- Follow standard emergency financial preparedness practices to ensure ADRA Nigeria is able to quickly respond and deploy assistance and needed resources to affected areas at as needed without delays without compromising required minimum standards.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- First degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, with additional years of related work experience plus membership in an internationally recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in financial accounting, budgeting and administrative functions.
- Several years of professional experience in the accounting and reporting setting of co-financed projects for International (aid) Organizations (including UN-Agencies)
- Has experience reviewing and analyzing financial statements.
- Has experience implementing accounting and internal control processes, as well as risk management.
- Experience in designing and implementing compliance regulations
Terms and Conditions
- For background checks – On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their Name, Title, Company, Relationship to you, Email Address, and Telephone Number).
- Applications should be submitted online and in English only through.
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|
|Deadline||2nd January, 2020.|